Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Miscellaneous Collection

I've been wanting to write about some of the things in my house and deepest winter seems to be a good time.

I've been replacing switch plates and I got a bunch of these Anne Kilham ones. She's an artist from Maine, and her things are so pretty and cheery and New Englandy. It's like having mini-pictures around, and most of them remind me of favorite places or favorite flowers.
Some interesting lamps (at least I think so - I hope this isn't too boring)

This one was made by the potters at Strawbery Banke in Portsmouth.

Two from Ikea - they have a really good selection of lamps.

I'm not sure where this jug came from, but it's perfect for a lamp. Maybe it came from around Keuka Lake somewhere.I know this one came from somewhere near the Finger Lakes. The potter isn't there anymore but I remember driving way back into the hills to get there. It was worth it - his stuff was really nice.

Now we're really getting into the miscellaneous section.

I love these batik curtains in Katie's room. We found these cool matching stars in a Ten Thousand Villages store in Cambridge. Definitely a fun store to spend some time in.

OK, my earring collection is a little over the top. I give some away once in awhile but my frame is getting full again.

These are witch balls. I think they're supposed to protect you from evil spirits or something. Bruno bats them around sometimes.
And I just can't resist putting in a project picture. These granny squares are made of cotton and they're going to become a tote bag. I just have to sew it together now. I'll post a picture when it's done. Sarah made one of these and I got inspired to try it too.
My blogging buddy - he sits in front of the screen when I'm trying to type. :)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Wow I love this post. So cool! You have lots of cool stuff. :) I wish I had a blogging buddy!

Sarah said...

So many pretty things in your house. I like the jug lamp the best. And the blogging buddy. My blogging buddy usually sits in my lab and purrs.

Susan said...

You have made your house look so nice. My blogging buddy lies on the floor by my side. But, I think she uses the computer when I'm not looking.