Thursday, January 29, 2009

Blue and Yellow

Here are two bags I finished making recently. I must be in a blue and yellow mood.

This quilted one I made for my mother to use in Florida. Can't you just picture using these bright colors down there in the warm weather? I think it will go with her colorful clothes. The instructions were five pages long so it took awhile to finish. I'm thinking of making another one from this pattern for myself - but using some funky black and white prints. I like the zipper top, and all the pockets - two outside and six inside!

This is an Inga bag like the one Sarah made last month. I thought the pattern looked fun so I wanted to try it too. I like the way you turn the granny squares so they're diagonal, but the holes make horizontal and vertical lines.

Another bag must mean I need a new project to put in it, right? :) I have a few ideas.

As a matter of fact I just got a new knitting book. I won a Barnes & Noble gift card in a raffle so I got myself a treat - some very cool ideas in here.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Cool bags Mommy! I can totally picture Grandma with the blue and yellow one. It's really nice! You make the coolest stuff.

Sarah said...

Cool post! I can't wait to see the bags in person. Oh, I guess that means I have to go to Florida.

Susan said...

I saw Mom's new bag last night. What a great job you did!

Kristen said...

I love these bags, the colors are really gorgeous, you did a great job with them!