Monday, April 20, 2009

April

Well it's really spring now. I'm about a week late in posting these, but here are some pictures of our nice Easter brunch. Katie and Raf came up and helped decorate these beautiful eggs. We had a couple of wild egg hunts too - one inside and another one outside.

We make some colorful spring-like dishes. See the Easter pickles? Sarah made the cute bunnies. Raf thought they looked like Pokemon.Katie made this beautiful jello mold. We got the idea from one of Susie's neighbors in Florida.
And here are some real signs of spring. I always notice these little leaves growing in the woods because they're the first green thing every year. They last all summer but after awhile they get overshadowed by all the other green leaves and you don't notice them anymore.
The sky looks pretty forbidding but here are pussywillows!

And my bleeding heart that comes up every year. Things are just starting. I'll post some prettier pictures when the flowers come.

When you go outside at night you can really hear the peeper frogs now. I can even hear them when I'm driving with all my windows closed. Scroll down a little on this link - there's a thing you can click to hear the sound. They're super-loud and they're only about the size of a paper clip. Everything's waking up!


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay, I'm glad you posted the Easter food pictures. That was a great feast.

Katie said...

Hi Mom

We had a really colorful Easter. I liked it. I wish I could eat that every day.

Love, Katie

Susan said...

Pussy willows and peepers make me anxious to get back.

Your Easter eggs are beautiful, and the hunts sounded like so much fun.