Monday, May 11, 2009

Yarn Weekend

Sarah and I went to Northampton, Massachusetts for the weekend. It was kind of a field trip to Webs, a giant yarn store. Sounds exciting, right? It made me happy anyway. :) So many colors, so many choices! We walked over to a coffee shop to hang out and knit. Sarah's friend Angela came too. This is her special afghan project basket.
Still knitting at midnight!

I bought a piece of fabric at a quilt store there. I don't know what I'll make yet but I really love African prints lately.

Do you recognize this guy? We stopped at the Eric Carle museum on the way home. It was pretty cute.

Sarah gave me this fun book and some flower samples.

Pretty! And a beautiful bouquet of spring flowers from Katie too - what sweetie girls!

This is the start of a couch pillow from some of my new yarn. I know, it doesn't look like a pillow yet. I'll have to post it when it's finished.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Wow you really did have a yarn weekend. I like the very hungry caterpillar.

Sarah said...

It was such a fun weekend. Our projects are awesome!

Kristen said...

Looks like a fun time! I bet the couch pillow will looke really cool when it's complete! Cool colors. The African print is really neat as well!