Monday, November 2, 2009

Judy, Susie and Emily's Great Adventure

We had a great time driving down to Florida and doing some exploring along the way. Having Emily the golden retriever with us meant we got to meet people all over the place - she has such a magnetic personality ;-)

We took a western route through Pennsylvania, Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina and Georgia. Here we're just about to get onto the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia. I was excited to see a sign for one of my favorite groups.

The mountains were really pretty and colorful. (Not New England colorful but still nice.)
I liked how there were open fields as well as wooded areas.
We stopped to see this mill.
I think this was something like a sluiceway.
Of course this looked interesting - it looks like natural dyes.
In North Carolina we went to see the Biltmore Estate - pretty fancy. Can you see the gargoyles sticking out?

Can you believe this is in North Carolina? It looks like it should be in Bavaria or someplace like that.

The lion tried to run away but we held it back.

It's hard to see but there are horses going by on the grassy area. If I ever go back there I'm definitely going on a trail ride. The setting is gorgeous!
View from the back terrace

This lady jumped into my picture!

Pretty conservatory I found some plants I liked.

Then we went to Savannah, Georgia. I've always wanted to spend some time walking around there. It was fun looking at all the Spanish moss and picking out which house we should buy.
This is a giant live oak in Forsyth Park.
Pretty gate and garden
There were lots of beautiful houses.
I love these little gardens.
I liked seeing this person in his seersucker suit. He even had white bucks.
Florida was about 30 degrees warmer than Georgia. Here's more Spanish moss - on cypress trees this time.
This park is part of the Everglades. I love to go walk around the boardwalk. No alligators this time.
A quick visit with Mom and Dad - then back home again.
haha - we fit in a lot for a week!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Hi Mom

I like the picture with the lion! So cute. You took a lot of good pictures on your trip.

Love, katie

Kristen said...

Wow it definately looks like you had a fun trip! Definately lots of beautiful sites on the way! I love the picture of the open field with the fence zooming by. That estate in North Carolina definatley looks like it belongs in Europe or somewhere, I can't believe its in NC, its beautiful! I'd love to see it in person now- can you go inside?

Sarah said...

Great pictures Mom! I love them. Old Crow Medicine Show is my favorite too. The Biltmore Estate looks amazing. I want to go with you next time! It's nice that you got to see GG too.

JudyBop said...

We did go inside the Biltmore house but no pictures allowed. I especially liked seeing the basement and how everything worked. There were three kitchens, flower arranging rooms, lots of laundry rooms, a gym and an indoor pool. Pretty cool for something built in the late 1800's.

Susan said...

It was such a fun trip - thanks for driving down with us.