Saturday, October 25, 2008

A beautiful October day

Katie and I took a vacation day and we were lucky to get a beautiful day. We did some errands, had a nice lunch, went around Portsmouth for awhile and went to Nubble Point in York, Maine. The ocean was looking particularly nice - very blue with clear views. I think someone actually lives at this lighthouse - wow!
Here's how they get their food delivered. Can you see the little white cart near the telephone poles? Things get sent back and forth using these wires.
Another view - the Maine coast is so beautiful. I don't think anyplace else looks like it. I decided I should post pictures of houses I like. Here are a couple to start. They both look so cozy.Portsmouth has a lot of Halloween spirit.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Looks like a fun day! That lighthouse is really cool.. I'm amazed they have supplies delivered over those lines like that, very intriuging. Those houses are very nice too =)

Susan said...

Beautiful pictures. I love the pumpkin head.