Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thanksgiving's coming!

I don't know how time has gone by so fast, but all of a sudden Thanksgiving is next week. I looked for some pictures from last year to help me get in the mood.

Susie and Max love Thanksgiving dinner - don't they look happy? The pies haven't even come out yet.Cranberry bread - will we make it again this year?Katie and Nathan - either they ate too much or they're wondering when dinner is going to be ready. I can't really tell but it must be one or the other.Emily's wondering when she'll get a chance to see Bruno. He snuck downstairs eventually while everyone was eating. Emily saw him and chased him into the living room. They knocked over two lamps and Bruno ran back upstairs - what a wild house! The people get a little wild too. :)
OK - here's the list. It's pretty much the same every year. It seems like a lot of dishes but I don't know what we could eliminate.
  • cranberry sauce
  • garlic mashed potatoes
  • gravy
  • stuffing
  • sauteed mushrooms
  • hot lulu !!!
  • Moroccan vegetables
  • acorn squash
  • green bean casserole
  • pumpkin bread
  • cranberry bread
  • dinner rolls
  • apple pie
  • pumpkin pie
  • custard pie
  • wine / beer / cider

Haha - no turkey. This is a vegetarian Thanksgiving. It's a harvest feast, right?

I don't know exactly who's coming yet, but I'm getting ready!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I'm coming and I like the list. :) Emily is so cute. That was wild with the lamps. I thought it was funny though.

Love, Katie

Susan said...

We can't wait! Was it just last year that Emily knocked over the lamps?

Sarah said...

Yay, I'm glad you put this post. I am excited for Thanksgiving! I like the picture of Katie and Nathan, and the one of Emily of course. I can't wait to take lots of pictures this year. I think you could eliminate sauteed mushrooms, roasted garlic (and then make plain mashed potatoes) and cranberry bread (even though I do like those things). Eliminating appetizers should help too. I am personally eliminating beer from my dinner this year so I can fill up on more food!