Monday, November 24, 2008

Birthday Weekend

We celebrated Katie's birthday in Boston this weekend - she's 25 now!

First, here's an interesting thing I saw when I was driving down my road on my way (eventually) to the birthday party. Don't worry - I stopped the car to take the picture. The fire department was doing a controlled burn in the middle of town and you could see this plume of black smoke from the top of our ridge. This is part of the beautiful view I get to see every day - usually without the smoke though.
We had dinner Saturday night at Zocalo Cocina Mexicana on Comm Ave in Brighton. It's right near where I used to live back in the 70's but back then it was El Phoenix Room. It's still Mexican but nicer now. We passed the camera around the table so everyone could take a picture of their plate.

Katie had enchiladas with delicious fried plantains on the side.

Raf had tacos. He got lots of dishes.
Nathan had chili rellenos, I think with steak inside.

Sarah had this beautiful avacado salad.


And I had a different kind of chili rellenos with spinach, pine nuts and raisins. It was delicious!

Katie really liked this lamp.

This is all the pictures I had. I hope someone got a picture of the cakes. Happy Birthday Katie!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay, I love looking at these pictures. I'm hungry!

Susan said...

Deerfield looks beautiful. So does that Mexican food. I remember the Phoenix Room, but not sure I ever ate there.

Katie said...

I loved my birthday! Thanks for posting the pictures! I like Zocalo too, especially the cool lamp. Thanks for all of the lovely birthday gifts.

Love, Katie