Monday, December 29, 2008

Many, many projects

Finally all the projects are done and given out, and I can show what I've been doing for the last few months. (almost all - there's actually still one to go) I'm really happy about how most of them came out. I'm also looking forward to getting back to finishing some others like a couple of quilts and afghans, etc. Here are many, many project pictures. I hope you have lots of time to look!

I made "a cat for all seasons" for Earleen. The grapevine wreath has a hook so the ornaments can be changed for the seasons. Here's spring
Summer
Fall
Winter This is a pin cushion and needle book for Cheryl.
A balsam pillow for Chris.
Balsam Christmas trees

a picture of the work in progress a wild Incan pillow for Raf a quilted pillow for Kim
This is the most ambitious project - a wall hanging made from a picture of Susie and Max's house in Maine. Here's the start. I kept walking around (while Susie was in the house) hoping to find a good angle for a picture. I wanted to show the gardens and the house and the lake. I got this one that had just about everything - I just had to remove the car. I put the photo into Word and added the grid lines.
Then I drew a larger version on a big piece of paper.
I photocopied that and cut the copy up into individual pieces to use for patterns for the fabrics.
I used iron-on stuff to arrange the pieces on the background.

Then I sewed each piece on, mostly with my sewing machine. I kept having to replace the needles - I don't think it liked the iron-on stuff. Then lots of embroidery. I think it turned out to be a picture of gardens with a house and trees in the background.

Here's a granny-square scarf I made for Sarah. I made a different one for Katie but I don't have a good picture of it. I'll have to work on that.

A cat knitting bag for Sarah

Some warm hats for Nathan and his brother

A felt-ball garland for Katie's living room



Susie can never resist trying on all the felted projects. This is the amazing felt basket Sarah made for me - what do you think? A little too big for a hat.

Susie's wild!Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

This is an epic post. I think you should be happy about how all the projects came out!

Susan said...

Your presents are so beautiful. I really love the wall hanging of our house. It is so nice - the house, and gardens, and trellis with the morning glories, the flowers and tomatoes... it's interesting to see how you made it! You are so clever.

Kristen said...

All your projects came out so great! I really liked the wall hanging and the felt garland! But all are beautiful, you've got an amazing talent!