Thursday, December 4, 2008

Back to the blog

I think I was on a blog vacation but now I'm back. We had a nice Thanksgiving - it was great having everyone here and we didn't even have any cooking disasters this year. Now it's the Christmas season and the house is decorated and I'm working on getting projects finished up. OK, a few aren't even started yet. I'll have lots of projects to show off soon, but for now here are some Thanksgiving and pre-Christmas photos.

Some Thanksgiving groceries

Stuffing in the mixing stage. We tried baking it in a water-bath this year and I liked it better that way - less crusty crust on the sides.Hot lulu - a mixture of grated apple, onion, sweet potato, carrots with a little kick from habanero sauce - delicious!

Cranberry and pumpkin breads

A delicious jello mold from Susie - so refreshing!Serious gamesters

The buddies
Stevie always has the biggest camera.

The couch brigade
One collapsed. (She did all the dishes first though!)

Well, one visitor had lots of energy. Emily's favorite toy is a tennis ball and her favorite game is keep-away.


The day after Thanksgiving we started getting ready for Christmas.

Bruno likes the new wreath. He keeps trying to climb up there. It must smell good.He has to share the couch though.

Waechtersbach mugs - I've been collecting these for a long time. Don't they look cute all together?
We've been drinking mulled cider in them this week.
What a cozy season!


4 comments:

Rafael said...

i love the videos! great post :)

Katie said...

Hi Mom

You have lots of nice pictures! Good job on Thanksgiving. :)

Love, Katie

Sarah said...

So many good pictures and videos on this post. I like the picture of the stuffing, and the mugs, and Bruno with the wreath and stuffed animals. So cute! I also like your caption for the picture of Stevie.

Susan said...

Its no wonder Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It was so much fun - I can't wait for our next get together, to see how you've decorated, what you've been making, and to drink cider out of those Waechtersbach mugs.