Sunday, January 10, 2010

Shabu and Pho

We had a delicious soup weekend in freezing cold Boston. Here we are at Shabu-Ya in Harvard Square. It's a pretty place with modern-looking decorations.

Shabu shabu is where you get lots of veggies, noodles, mushrooms, tofu and meats (for some people) and you cook them in broth. It's fun, delicious, messy, etc.
Sarah and I were sharing a broth so we had to coordinate. We were getting a little competitive. I'm sure she ate some of my mushrooms :-)
The red broth was Nathan's. I think it was super-spicy.

Then on another day we went to Chinatown and tried another kind of soup. This kind is Vietnamese pho. It comes with everything already cooked - you just add fresh bean sprouts, lime and basil, and hot sauce if you want.

It was really cold and windy outside, so good soup weather. Hope you're keeping warm!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Ooh, those pho pictures look so good. I wish I had some right now. I didn't eat your mushrooms!

JudyBop said...

haha - just kidding

Susan said...

I could use a bowl of that pho right about now.