Saturday, January 16, 2010

Some of the projects

Here are some of the projects I've been working on, mostly for Christmas presents. I actually started pretty early this year but of course I was still doing a few at the last minute. Well, there are a couple that aren't done yet, but they're coming along.

I made this wall hanging as a project for a quilting class. I really liked the design so I wanted to try it.
Here's the finished penguin. He looks a lot better with his face. I think he has a big nose. Chris has a penguin collection so when I saw this pattern I wanted to try making it for her.
I made these holiday cats for Earleen. Last year I made her cats for the seasons but she needed some holidays to provide some variety. I hope you can tell which cats are for which holidays.

I had lots of fun making this hat for Raf. He picked out the colors. It's called Urbanista. I liked it because you knit it sideways - something different.

Sarah and Katie both work in cold offices so I made them some fingerless gloves.


I made this double-sided cable scarf for Nathan. It was a fun pattern. I think it's nice and thick and cozy.

I also experimented with another hat pattern. It came out bigger than I expected but I think it fits Nathan pretty well. It's really warm. The pattern is called Tychus.

Here he is wearing both the hat and scarf.Here's a string grocery bag I made for our yankee swap. It got swapped quite a few times. I don't know if that's good or bad. :-) It matches Sarah's sweater ball but they're going to end up in different places.
After a few freezing days in Boston I decided to make a new hat for myself. I wanted something that was loose enough so I wouldn't get "hat head." I sort of thought this would be a little floppier but it's pretty good. It doesn't squish my hair anyway.
There are a few more things that I need to get pictures of, so more to come later...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, what a post! You made such good things. I love them all. Most of these projects look really complicated and labor-intensive. When you see them all together like this, you can really tell how much work you did. Good job!

Rafael said...

thanks for the hat! I like the way it looks and it sure keeps me warm.

Raf

Susan said...

I can't believe you made all those things since I saw you last. I love the wall hanging, the little penguin, and all those hats. I almost asked you to send me one when it got so cold down here. And, Mom could use a pair of those gloves.