Sunday, March 15, 2009

Signs of Spring II

Katie and I went on a marathon walk around Boston yesterday. We were wearing spring jackets! Boston is pretty far ahead of New Hampshire. We saw signs of spring everywhere.

Beautiful blue sky and beautiful blue Charles River - it might be dirty water but it's looking pretty good now. I think the ice just went off. It was white and frozen when I saw it a week ago.

Lots of people were playing in playgrounds. All the dogs we saw looked happy.
The maple trees are getting red buds.

Can you see how the willow trees are starting to look a little yellow? They do that before their leaves come out.Daffodils and tulips at the courthouse courtyard. We'll have flowers soon!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

All right, I love spring!

Katie said...

I love this post!

Susan said...

I'm starting to think about coming back! Especially with those daffodils popping.

Can't wait to see you!